School Vacation Assistant Educator:
Summer Environmental Educator
The position is for a full-time, 10-week (June 14-August 20) term at Lake Paran. It will support the effective delivery of outdoor educational lessons and activities for children ages 5-12 during week-long summer camp programs. $15/hr
- Responsibilities include:
- Development and delivery of environmental education programs and cirriculum for summer day camp participants
- Supervise campers, ensuring their safety and well-being
- Assist in set-up and breakdown of activities
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Have previous experience overseeing groups of children
- Self-motivated and willing to work as a team
- Willing to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Passionate about conservation and environmental education
- Enthusiasm about sharing your knowledge with people of all backgrounds
- First aid and CPR certifications (or ability to become certified)
- Willing to follow Covid-19 precautions
- Preferred Requirements:
- Working towards a degree in conservation biology/forestry/ environmental science or have 2+ years of experience in outdoor education
- Previous leadership experience in childcare/camp settings
To apply, please send a resume and 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your help in making our events and programs at Lake Paran a success! Sign up to volunteer today.
Stay tuned for future volunteer postings.
Lake Paran Recreations is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is lovingly operated and funded by the members of our community, local nature lovers and board members. We are one of only 2 lakes in the state of Vermont that is neither operated by a state/municipal entity or a homeowners association. This makes us uniquely able to provide programming that is responsive to our community.
If you love the lake, please support us! We gratefully accept your tax deductible contribution to Paran Recreations, PO Box 393, North Bennington VT 05257 or at our Paypal below.